Rural Rother PCN Logo

Sick certificates

Doctors issue fit notes to people to provide evidence of the advice they have given about their fitness for work. They record details of the functional effects of their patient’s condition so the patient and their employer can consider ways to help them return to work.

You only need a doctor’s note if you are unable to work and are ill for longer than seven calendar days. Your employer will provide you with an SC2 self-certificate form for shorter periods of illness.

You can complete a form online and print it off using this link

If you are sick for more than seven days and you need a fit note, contact our Reception Team. If we have treated you, we can provide a fit note. Alternatively, it can be provided by your dentist, hospital consultant or other allied health professional.

For more information see the GOV.UK website.