The Sussex Non-Emergency Patient Transport Service (NEPTS) is provided by the South Central Ambulance Service (SCAS) NHS Foundation Trust. They transport NHS patients who for medical reasons are not able to travel by another method. They provide transport for the following journeys:
- To a planned outpatient appointment
- To hospital for a planned admission
- Home from hospital following discharge
- Home to Sussex from hospitals in other areas of the country
It does not include primary care appointments such as GP or dentist appointments, or visits to a pharmacy.
Are you eligible for patient transport and how do you book?
To be able to use the Sussex NEPTS, you must meet the eligibility criteria. To book or check if you are eligible, contact:
- SCAS Contact Centre – 0300 123 9841
- 07:00-20:00 Monday to Saturday
- 08:00-17:00 Sundays and Bank Holidays
They will ask you a series of questions to see if you are eligible. Please contact NEPTS as soon as you know your appointment date as they ask for 14 days notice where possible.
For more information visit: https://www.eastbournehailshamandseafordccg.nhs.uk/your-health/patient-transport-services/