If you are 16 or over and registered to a GP in Hastings and Rother, you could be eligible to self-refer to the MSK Physiotherapy service for a range of muscle and joint problems, including back/neck pain, joint pains, strains and sprains.
Individuals can self-refer by completing the online form, available at:
Once the form is completed a copy of the document is securely emailed to the MSK Physiotherapy administration team who will process them in date order, along with any traditional referrals.
Contact will be made with you following receipt of your referral to arrange an assessment with one of our physiotherapists, or to request further information, as necessary.
Please note that should you experience any of the symptoms detailed below a self-referral to the MSK Physiotherapy service will not be appropriate and you should instead consult your GP.
- Existing diagnosis of cancer
- Severe lower back pain with night sweats, fever and/or sickness
- Unexplained weight loss
- Severe constant night pain
- Sever pain with history of fatigue
- Hot or swollen joints
- Generally unwell
Additionally, if any of the following symptoms develop suddenly please call NHS 111 urgently.
- Difficulty passing or unable to pass urine
- Loss of bowel control
- Unstable when walking/feet do not go where you want them to
- Numbness or tingling around your back passage or genitals
- Loss of sexual function, unable to achieve and maintain an erection, lack of sensation during sexual intercourse.
Further information about our services is available at: https://www.esht.nhs.uk/service/msk-therapy-services/
Should you have any questions, or require further information about the self-referral pathway then please contact our administration team on [email protected]