Rural Rother PCN Logo

Child abuse

If you’re worried that a child or young person is at risk or is being abused:

  • Call 999 if the child is at immediate risk
  • If it’s not an emergency, call Sussex Police on 101 or contact East Sussex County Council’s Children’s & Families Team or call their Single Point of Assess (SPoA) Team on 01323 464222. You’ll be asked for your details, but you can choose not to share them.

You don’t need to be sure that a child or young person has been abused – it’s OK to report a suspicion. Child abuse includes physical, sexual and emotional abuse, and neglect. You can read more about the signs of child abuse.

Contact these groups if you want to discuss your concerns and get advice:

NSPCC (for adults) Telephone: 0808 800 5000

ChildLine (for children and young people) Telephone: 0800 1111 (free)

The ChildLine number won’t show up on your phone bill if you call from a landline or from most mobile networks.