We are a group of patients who meet regularly to decide ways of making a positive contribution to the services and facilities offered by the practice to patients.
What is the purpose of a PPG?
Our purpose is:
- To give patients and practice staff the opportunity to discuss topics of mutual interest in their practice.
- To provide the means for patients to make positive suggestions about the practice and their own healthcare.
- To encourage health education activities within the practice.
- To develop self-help projects to meet the needs of fellow patients.
- To act as a representative group that can be called upon to influence the local provision of Health and Social Care.
Our Action Plan
We have an Action Plan which directs our activities. This is based on the surgery’s Mission Statement and patient feedback.
*We are currently not meeting due to the Coronavirus. Usually:
We meet every 3rd Monday and welcome all patients to attend. Everyone may suggest items for consideration and there is always an agenda for each meeting. Meetings keep people informed about what is going on in local health care as well as considering what needs to be done within the practice.
Our meeting dates for the rest of this year are:
Monday 14th September – Battle Health Centre 7pm
Monday 12th October – Oldwood Surgery 7pm
Monday 16th November – Battle Health Centre 7pm
Monday 14th December – Oldwood Surgery 7pm
If you would like to join our PPG but can’t attend the meetings, you can sign up for our virtual PPG and we will keep you updated and seek your feedback via email [email protected]